XVII International Conference “Insurance and Reinsurance in the Baltics 2018”
Friday, 28 September 2018
Radisson Blu Daugava hotel, Riga
The conference was organized by Latvian Insurers Association. It began with a plenary session followed by three parallel sections: life insurance, motor and insurtech.
- Central and Eastern European insurance market: current picture and future prospects
- Macroeconomics in the Baltics: overview and prognosis
- Topical regulatory issues in the EU and their implications
- Climate change, risks and implications for insurance industry
- Changes of consumer behaviour, consumer protection
- Longevity and pensions, pension systems in Europe
- Impact of AML on daily processes of life insurers
- Road safety, country experiences
- Geo data use for road safety. Flood and storm maps. Catastrophe modelling.
- Novelties in Insurtech, experiences, findings, startups
- Risk prediction, fraud detection
The official language of the conference is English.